Click the little red + in the smear above to see the slide using the virtual
microscope. Describe what you see and then answer the following questions.
- What in the peripheral smear
indicates this patient has a form of a myeloproliferative disease?
- Are these findings specific for any one
- What are the guidelines for essential
- What would show the thrombocytosis is
- Bone marrow findings?
- Would you expect normal platelet
- Why heme positive stools and what other
complications do you need to be ready for?
The next patient is
a man with history of prostate cancer.
What's with this bone marrow?