Girl with a Rash
||Beauty and The Beast
It seems a world of Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to the clotting system.
- Hemostasis has to go like a demon when
it's called on, but still remain localized and under control.
- Our blood volume represents only about 5% of our
body weight, but losing half of it acutely can be fatal.
- Even if you don't die from the blood loss,
you can be rendered weak and unstable. Not a desirable feature if you're
fighting for survival.
- Remember, our blood is not just flowing
willy-nilly, it's being pumped under pressure.
Photo Courtesy of: Das Musical-Theatre Bremen
- The events of clot formation have to remain localized.
- Imagine the consequences if clotting a
small cut led to a run-away-train wreck of overwhelming disseminated
- Our genes would be out of the gene pool in
I think I'm getting the picture. So what does
it take for healthy clot formation.
Index | Slide Table
of Contents | Case
Studies Table of Contents