Nutrition and Diagnosis-Related
Six-Killer is a 32 year-old Navajo Indian who has had poorly controlled
diabetes (type 2) since the age of twelve. She is married with two children,
a non-smoker and now
- Lethargy, shortness of breath, loss of
appetite, sense of bloating after eating and abrupt weight gain.
- She has had declining renal function for
- Her diabetes has been treated, but not
well controlled with oral Glucophage (metformin)
- Physical exam:
- Overweight Native American woman.
- Vitals: 98.6oF, BP 212/96 mm
Hg, P 86/min and regular, R 22 without labor.
- Muscle weakness and 3+ pitting edema to
- Auscultation of chest reveals bilateral
rales and ronchi.
- No abdominal tenderness and bowel sounds
- Take a look at
her SGA form.
Lab values of significance:
something straight about diabetes.