Nutrition and Diagnosis-Related
Mrs. Kimberly Franklin,
a 26 year old mother of one, is now well into the second trimester of
her second pregnancy.
- She weighs 180 pounds and is 5'6" tall.
- She is very concerned about weight gain,
- Indicates the 'morning sickness'
still bothers her.
- Mrs. Franklin is very conscious of her
- She emphasizes it's important to have a
- She was referred by her obstetrician
because of low weight gain, although Mrs. Franklin feels she's 'fat'
- She gained 35 pounds with her first
pregnancy, and did not loose it all after the birth.
- She is determined that that not happen
SGA form indicates she would benefit
from nutrition counseling.
- Mrs. Franklin says she's concerned for
her baby's health because the excessive vomiting may have resulted in
a nutrient deficiency for her baby.
- When pressed on the matter, she says she
is making herself vomit after eating in attempt to prevent the kind of
weight gain she experienced in her first pregnancy.
- If her reported change of weight is
accurate, she has gained only 5 pounds so far.
- Examination of her oral cavity reveals
extensive loss of enamel on the lingual surface of her teeth.
- Click the image to see the changes.
Can this all be